- Locomotive road number: Da 1431
- Designed by: General Motors, Electro-Motive Division, La Grange, Illinois, USA, in association with the Clyde Engineering Co. Pty. Ltd., Granville, NSW, Australia
- Built by: Clyde Engineering Co. Pty. Ltd., Granville, NSW, Australia
- Date built: 1957
- Builders Number: 57/135
- Builders Model: G12A
- Date entered NZGR service: April 1957
- Renumbered to DA 345 with the introduction of TMS numbering system in 1979
- Written off NZRC books in April 1988, with ownership transferred to Steam Inc
- Began excursion operation (along with DA 126) in September 1988
Da1410 side view at Paekakariki.
Main line registered to run on the KiwiRail tracks.
There is currently a small team dedicated to maintaining and operating this and other society owned Diesel Locomotives, If you would like to join the team contact Peter Steer on 021 120 3786 or pop into the depot on any Saturday.
Da1431 Photos - More photos can be found at: www.flickr.com/photos/gmpower