Stored for long term restoration and eventual use on the main line
- Locomotive road number: Dc4375
- Built by: Clyde Engineering, Australia
- Date built as Dc: Sept 1979
- Builders Number: 79/900
- Builders Model: G22AR
- Model: G22AR
- Wheel Arrgt: A1A-A1A with EMD "flexi-coil" truck
- Driving Wheel Dia: 40 inches
- Idler Wheel Dia: 30 inches
- Engine: EMD 12-645E
- Horsepower (engine): 1650 hp (1230 kW)
- Main Generator: EMD D32 with D14 companion alternator
- Traction Motors: EMD D29
- Air Compressor: Water cooled Gardner-Denver model WBO
- Air Brake : WABCO 26L 3 pipe
- Total Weight: 82 tonnes
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 3640 Litres
- Length Over Pulling Faces: 14097mm
Our newest main line locomotive Dc4375 arrived at Paekakariki on 1st April 2021.
Dc4375 started life over fifty years ago as G12 DA1540 built by General Motors Canada. In 1979 was rebuilt by Clyde Engineering in South Australia to an EMD G22AR classification emerging as DC 4375. It ended its KiwiRail working life hauling Auckland suburban trains. During its early period in service for Auckland Transport was named "Catherine"
To help cover the purchase cost of this locomotive we have setup a Givealittle page. Thgis page is still active and we would be very appreciative of any donations to this loco. Donate here.