Membership and volunteering
Membership of Steam Incorporated is open to anyone who wishes to support the activities of the Society.
Start your rail journey by Joining Steam Incorporated as a financial member and receive the following benefits.
- Two editions of Steam Incorporated’s Society magazine “Steamline” and a Bi-Monthly Round Up - A brief update from around different aspects of the society every two months.
- Advanced notification of up-and-coming Steam Incorporated excursions and events. (emailed)
- A one-off yearly discount of $25.00 off two or more seats on an excursion (Must be for the same trip, is non-transferable and must be requested through firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 783264.
- Half price Tea and Coffee from the Steam Incorporated Buffet upon showing proof of membership (current membership card).
- Full voting rights at Steam Incorporated’s AGM.
- For those aged under 18 or in full time study
- Lower membership fees
- Four editions of Steam Incorporated’s Society magazine “Steamline” (electronic copy only)
- Advanced notification of up and coming Steam Incorporated excursions and events
- Half price hot drinks from the Steam Incorporated Buffet upon showing proof of membership (current membership card).
The current (2024) subscription rates to join Steam Incorporated are:
Full Membership - $50 to $65 per year
Junior Membership (Under 18) - $15 per year.
The Steam Incorporated Membership year runs from 1 January to 31 December.
Becoming a Volunteer
Volunteering is a great way to use a skill you already have or gain a new one. At Steam Incorporated we are always looking for rail enthusiasts to volunteer to help in the various roles we have. From Depot maintenance such as track work, landscaping and building restoration to work on our locomotives and rolling stock such as engineering, carriage building, cleaning and electrical work. Current major restoration projects our volunteer team are working on include steam loco Ka945, diesel loco Da1471 and severy carriage A1868
Steam Incorporated also requires volunteers on our excursions for roles such as locomotive servicing crew, excursion management, hospitality and customer service along with many pre trip preaparations.
Our Depot is usually open from Monday to Saturday. It is closed on Sundays and public holidays. The most popular workdays are Thursday and Saturday. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or would like more information on volunteer positions with us, please contact one of our volunteer liaison officers listed below or email email@example.com
Peter – 027 2226 437
Bob – 0272 244 860
Disclaimer: We welcome any age and any gender to join our team. For Health and Safety at our depot, if you have a disability or impairment that means you require supervision or are under the age of 14, Steam Incorporated requires that a parent, caregiver or other suitably qualified adult to accompany you.
A reminder that everyone visiting our sit must sign in on arrival and sign out when leaving. This is for our safety system and is a requirement irrespective of any additional Covid requirements.
You can also follow Steam Inc activities on Facebook. (external link)