- Running number:F394 (TMS F285)
- Designed by:New Zealand Railways
- Built at:NZR Petone & East Town Workshops
- Date built:1913
- Builders diagram:Body 4444
- Date entered service:
- Date withdrawn:1978
- Returned to heritage operation:2008
- Current condition:Certified for running on main line.
- Ownership:Owned by Glenbrook Vintage Railway. Leased to Steam Inc. until July 2019.
Image: F394 at Paekakariki
- Weight in working order:18100Kg
- Overall length:52 feet 8 ½ inches
- Bogies:X25140 with SKF roller bearing axleboxes.
F394 was leased from the Glenbrook Vintage Railway to complement our same era open platform cars on high profile trips hauled by Ab608 “Passchendaele”. It toured all of the South Island in October 2015 when used on our Ab608 Centennial Tour. On Anzac Day 2016 it was part of the consist for the event to mark the 100th anniversary of the Petone Flag Pole.
Earlier in 2008 F394 was also leased from the GVR to be used in the consist of the “Parliamentary Special” to celebrate the centennial of the NIMT. On this occasion the van was painted in a colour scheme representative of “Pullman Green” to match our other carriages used for the train.
Much later it was used on our Marlborough Flyer tourist trains.
F394 eventually returned to the GVR in July 2019.